08 August 2008

Work, work, work!!

Hi there!

Life has been crazy the last few days and its going to get crazier! Wednesday I closed the Grill ... sort of late but it wasn't too bad and made good tips! Then yesterday (thursday) I closed again, but then had to go and clean the bingo hall since it has to be done before saturday! So I got home late last night, now I am off to work in a little bit because I close AGAIN tonight! As if that was the worst part - well it isn't! I open tomorrow morning (saturday) at 6 am!!! I hope we close fairly early otherwise I am going to be extremely tired and irritable on saturday - not a good thing to be in the service industry! Also, you would think the people scheduling us would have a clue - they don't! They do this every week to Laura and I and we're frustrated!
However, that we are used to! Its not even the worst of it! Next week I have 3 days off! Which you're thinking well, thats great, make some plans hang out with friends - relax - NOPE can't because I need those hours because I need the money plus my days off are during the week and most of my friends work during the week :P
It gets WORSE!!
Next week, I have a a double split shift on friday >> open at 6am in the Grill then leave then come back to work a function at night and then close on Saturday .. so much for giving us one weekend night!!
Anyways, that's my rant for today! How employers are evil! How I wish life were easier sometimes like those people who never seem to have to worry about money or ever really work for anything. I know I know it builds character or what ever! :P
Oh, wells, I will just keep thinking about a quote I once read:

You are given the life you have because you are strong enough to get through it!

or something like that ... not a direct quote and I don't remember who said it or where I read it Sorry!

xoxo,
you know you love me!
S

No comments: