22 August 2008

Talking about Seven simple ways to get - and keep - wealth

Talking about Seven simple ways to get - and keep - wealth - Investing Deirdre McMurdy - Sympatico / MSN Finance
Quote
Seven simple ways to get - and keep - wealth - Investing Deirdre McMurdy - Sympatico / MSN Finance

I found this article on my home page which is most obviouly sympatico.ca!! I think that the five points that are brought up are good ones to be considered! Even now, whilst I am in piles of debt and still in school and planning on a few more years of being in school!

"1. Always set aside at least 10 per cent of your earnings and "pay yourself" first. Once you have established that habit, you will soon find that you don't miss that amount and it has little overall impact on your budget."

I think this is an awesome idea; however, at the time doesn't exactly work for me personally since I don't tend to worl for 8 months of the year. However, during the summer since I am a server I tend to put my entire paycheck - thats right 100% of my paycheck towards my credit line! So I essentially live off of the tips I make and this works well since I am really good at my job ... being a people person and all that!

"2. When it comes to spending, learn to delineate between need and want and remember that no matter how much you spend, there will always be more that you want."

For me, my dad installed a program on my computer called "Quicken: Cash Manger" its a computer program that helps you track your spending and assests (property and such)! If you do onine banking you can directly download your debt interactions and withdrawals and deposits from your banks website! You also can 'tag' each item into groeries, dining, clothes, etc. So after 1 year you can create a fairly accurate budget and it shows you where exactly your money is going! I love it and think that if you need financial planning you should look into this program or a similar one! This also goes into point 3.

http://quicken.intuit.ca/en/product/ProductDetail.jsp?skuId=Q08I08W10600&prodId=I08W10600

Everyone has money and everyone needs to find ways to save more so this is my say and such!

You know you love me,
xoxo
S

No comments: