29 August 2008

The Great Trek

Today is the day ... or it was supposed to be that I would be leaving for the great trek!
However, problem after problem just so happen to occur TODAY! So what happened? you say, well let me tell you!
Well, this morning I worked in the Grill, which isn't a problem really since I told my manager I would work this morning. However, some of my favourite members came in for lunch today just as I was leaving so then I stopped to chat for a bit of course, so I didn't really leave as early as possible. Then of course saying goodbye to all the other servers! And my supervisors, the chefs, and of course the ladies in the office!!
However, while I was at work my dad had been trying to fix my computer, however, to no avail - its pretty much dead ... at least that's what I figure. My dad is going to ask my uncle to take a look at it later. Though, I still need a computer for school!! So, then dad and I had to go and buy me a new one, I had been planning on getting a laptop anyways but I had not planned on it being my main computer, it was supposed to be like for "school" and then I was going to use my desktop for personal ... so to hold my music, movies, and games.
Since I got my computer from a local store ... not a chain ... my computer will not be ready until tomorrow; so we will head out by tomorrow my noon.
Then of course, there's the fact that I still wasn't packed!! There is that fact, of course and the fact that I have WAY TOO much stuff!! Not too much stuff I say, just not a minimalist lifestyle that would be more accommodating for moving cross-country twice a year! I ask you ... Can you only life with 3 pairs of jeans? A few tops? A couple sweaters? 1 pair of shoes, sandals, and boots; EACH?

I DO NOT THINK SO!!

I am joking ... sort of. I am sure there are people like that out there, and no offence is meant ... I just have no idea -- ABSOLUTELY NONE -- how it can possibly be done! I would never be able to live like that; I am sure I could do better but lets not think of that. I enjoy my materialistic ways .. for now.

On another note, the next couple days is MY vacation time; so I am going to enjoy it, relax, read, and maybe do a few sudoku puzzles.

enjoy your LAST long weekend!! :D
you know you love me,
xoxo
S

No comments: